Monday, October 12, 2009

25 Things I Am Grateful For


1. Writing what we are grateful for on coloured paper leaves and hanging them on the "gratitude tree"
2. Knowing children who believe in "the force". Their conviction that good should always win fuels my optimism.
3. Sleeping in.
4. Living in good health.
5. Enjoying warm meals surrounded by loved ones.
6. Having so many loved ones that we need to rent a room at the Archie Browning Sports Centre for Thanksgiving dinner.
7. Receiving a grant for the Archie Browning Sports Centre....and knowing that many more family celebrations will take place there.
8. Moving ahead on many projects in Esquimalt. While traffic may be backed up now, we'll be enjoying new sidewalks, bike lanes, roads and improved bus service next year.
9. Healing my children's wounds with a Sponge Bob bandaid and a kiss.
10. Witnessing my friends have the courage to set goals and the dedication to achieve them. 26.2 miles non-stop - thank you for inspiring me.
11. Meeting new teachers and coaches that have come into our lives since September. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
12. Knowing teachers and coaches from the past who continue to show us kindness and caring. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.
13. Having teachers who take the time to write notes that say, "Your kid had a great day today!"
14. Living in a community rich with volunteers who make events like the Esquimalt Lantern Festival, Buccaneer Days and the Hallowe'en Bonfire happen. You build the scenes of my children's fondest memories. I hope it inspires them to pass these traditions on to their own children.
15. Seeing my old dog find the energy to get up from his nap and greet me at the door.
16. Knowing that my children can walk 5 minutes in any direction of our home and find someone who cares about them.
17. Losing track of time in a good book.
18. Drinking good coffee at Beans and Greens while I type on my new laptop.
19. Feeling friendship and love that have passed the tests of distance, grief, joy, and change.
20. Surrendering to the giggles in public.
21. Being a small part of something amazing. The colleagues I have at QA are all truly the best of professionals. They make it easy to come to work because it feels like we are doing something meaningful.
22. Discussing Esquimalt with all the interesting people I have met in the last year. I have learned so much and I am so grateful and honoured to work with each of you.
23. Receiving gifts of construction paper turkeys - made with the outlines of little hands.
24. Holding hands and sharing popcorn on family movie night.
25. Evrieheng