Thursday, May 21, 2009

Breastfeeding Friendly Business Awards!

I am much delayed in posting this....but I am absolutely thrilled that two businesses in Esquimalt have received Awards for being the Best Places to Breastfeed in Victoria. Both Serious Coffee in the Esquimalt Plaza and Beans and Greens on Admirals rd. have been recognized in this important way! These businesses were nominated by parents and should be very proud of what they add to our community. Details on this and other businesses can be found here: http://www.islandparent.ca/island/bestplaces.html

I have often said to Peg at Beans and Greens that I wish her business had been around when my kids were little and still nursing. It would have been such a treat to relax on her comfy couch and sip a nice warm cup of tea in the company of people who were accepting and understanding!

Congratulations!