Sunday, October 5, 2008

Curling Bonspiel


I am still a little overcome with emotion...so this will be only a short message. I have so many to thank for tonight...and for helping me on this campaign.

Lorie is amazing. She could open a party planning business from her house. I am grateful beyond words. Buying the house next door to the Halls was the smartest move we ever made.

Krisna and Boualay are two of the most talented people I know. The photo above is their "surprise" for me tonight. Its a cloth banner with the logo for my lawn signs painted on it. Its been signed with great messages of support from friends. It will be hanging in my kitchen, cheering me on for the duration of this campaign. It will be treasured forever.

Ed and Dave once again were incredible teachers out there on the ice. Patient, kind and good humoured. They are a credit to the sport and to Esquimalt.

Everyone who came tonight brought their great sense of humour and adventure. It made it an exceptionally fun night for all! I promise that I'll post some info for people who are looking to learn to curl this week.

What a great group of people! Some of my oldest friends and some new ones too. Each of you added something and I am so glad that you came!

We didn't keep score tonight but there was one SPECIAL award that simply must be mentioned.... Best Team Name goes to: Team Gaulstones!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments: