Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sign Sign Everywhere a Sign....

My wonderful husband has been driving all over Esquimalt this week putting up my election signs! I think that they look great! Boualay has created another gorgeous design. I am so lucky to have such talented people on Team Ali.

One of the things that I love best about my signs is that they are recycled. I hate to see all the coroplast from political signs head to the landfill after each election. I'm also operating from a tight budget. Recycling makes good environmental and good fiscal sense. Unfortunately, it can be a real challenge. I had to call a lot of places before I found one that would screen print on the back of old signs. Cheers to CREST for agreeing to do it and doing a really nice job.

In addition to that, each sign is a little unique. The lovely design stays the same but the wooden stakes are all bits of wood previously used on other projects. I am very fortunate that a really kind neighbour volunteered to put the signs together with wood he salvaged.

If you'd like one of these for your home please let me know! I'll send Andy over!