Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thanksgiving


We just got home from our annual early Thanksgiving dinner. My husband's family is quite large, so this one holiday meal we all take a break from cooking and cleaning. More than 3 generations of Esquimalt families gather to celebrate and that takes up quite a bit of room. So...we have our Thanksgiving at the Archie Browning Sports Centre.

Yup. Dinner at the rink. You might think I'm just using my blog as yet another shameless plug for ABSC. I am...but its absolutely true that ABSC is a great place to have an event.

For a number of years now we have rented the Crow's Nest and had them cater a big buffet dinner. Its reasonably priced, the food is great and the staff are amazing. Best of all, we can watch live sports and the the kids can play in a way that is just not possible at a typical restaurant. If you are thinking of hosting an event - consider ABSC in Esquimalt. I highly recommend it.

Happy Thanksgiving every one!

No comments: