Thursday, November 6, 2008

All Candidates Meeting

Last night was Esquimalt's All Candidates Meeting. I've attended many...but never as a candidate! I have never seen such a large crowd at one of these - let's hope we get a record turnout at the polls too! It really was inspiring to see so many people come out to find out more. I saw a lot of young people and I also saw a lot of people taking notes. Several people brought their Vic News candidate profile (printed last Friday) and took notes right on that.

The Esquimalt Chamber of Commerce, The West Bay Residents Association and the Esquimalt Residents Association worked together to put on a very professional, well run evening. My thanks to everyone for making this happen!

It was a little nervewracking but it was also fun. I learned quite a bit about all the candidates and I got to meet more interesting residents.

Best of all, I've received 3 or 4 more email questionnaires from residents today. People are really taking the time to ask informed questions. Thank you everyone! Keep the emails and the phone calls coming - I love it!