Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beans and Greens "Where Community Grows"

Tonight there was a launch party for my campaign website www.alisongaul.ca at Beans and Greens in Esquimalt. It was a great night and I couldn't have done it without the help of so many friends! This is just a quick, informal thank you...but I couldn't head to bed without expressing how grateful I am.

Louise from Dreaming In Colour was the real star tonight as she designed my website. I'm sure you'll agree she did an incredible job. Right up until the last minute I was emailing her additional thoughts and she was always so willing to do whatever it took to make it work. She was incredible to work with and I am so fortunate to have gotten to know her during this process. Thank you!

John from Finding Charlotte Photography has accomplished the impossible. He managed to take photos of me that I like enough to publish. I'm usually the one ducking in the back row or hiding behind a tree in the photograph. I hate having my picture taken....but John made it fun. Thank you!

Boulay put together some beautiful business cards for me to give out. I had hoped for a small handful to give away...but he arrived with a box of 500. Thank you!

If anyone reading this is interested in a website, photos or graphic design; contact me and I will give these three people the highest of recommendations.

I would also highly recommend Krisna and Lorie...but I'm afraid you can't have them. We have so much work to do yet! I'm so lucky to have these two women in my corner. Lorie has planned dozens of PAC events with me and Krisna has been a huge support with the Esquimalt Residents Association and the Sewage Treatment Forum....so I knew I was working with exceptional people. However, I have no words to adequately express how great they were this week. They literally forced me to relax while they took care of all the details. Thank you!

I was literally overwhelmed with the support from family, friends and neighbours tonight. It was amazing to see Beans and Greens filled with so many people - old friends and new. I believe I got a chance to speak with everyone...but I would have loved to have spent more time with each person. It was wonderful. People have offered to help out by doorknocking, putting a sign on their lawn, distributing flyers, and even making donations to the campaign. Thank you!

I'm also overwhelmed by the number of kind emails and phone calls I received from those that were unable to attend. Thank you!

I loved that several candidates for Council also came tonight. We're all active in the community and I know that we'll be working together in some capacity for many years. It feels right to start this journey with the spirit of co-operation. I look forward to each of your announcements in the weeks to come. Thank you!

I also loved that people from all across the political spectrum came tonight. It was a really pleasant evening and I hope we'll have many more in the years to come! I love debating the issues with each of you and working together to find solutions. Thank you!

Last, but not least, I need to thank Peg from Beans and Greens for handing me the key to the shop tonight. I felt a bit like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory when I stepped through the curtain and into the kitchen area. Seeing how the magic happens won't make it any less special when I show up tomorrow morning for a latte. I'm so honoured to be the first private rental of the shop. Thank you!

I'll have more to say soon...tonight all I can say is Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! I won't forget this night!

No comments: